Organizations – Helpful Tips
Here is a helpful check list with all of the necessary requirements. (Group Rules)
Now that have registered your group to walk and raise funds, please use these guidelines.
- Fax or email your proof of tax-exemption to: fax 408-847-5633; email email us now
- Choose a Summit Coordinator for your organization who will communicate with the walkers in your organization, to help them to sign up to participate, approve each registration on the website, support your walkers in getting sponsors to pledge, and who will event to lead your team walking!
Summit Coordinator is ________________________ and agrees to attend the event.
An alternate coordinator ________________________ will attend the event.
- Invite others to register to walk with your group
- Set a goal for your group and share it with your supporters. What is the reason for raising money? Tell people why you are doing this, more people will participate when they have a connection to your cause!
- Notify your members/staff that you’ve joined the walk-a-thon and direct members to Register to Walk They must choose your organization’s name from the drop-down menu
- Instruct each Walker to create a profile indicating the organization he/she is supporting, and setting a goal for how far he/she will walk (each walkers agrees to raise a minimum of $30 ). They will receive an event T-shirt after completing the walk.
- Send out emails and share on your social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Continue to update members/students of your progress-ASK FOR DONOR SUPPORT OUTSIDE OF YOUR USUAL NETWORK- SHARE THIS EVENT, INVITE FOLKS TO ATTEND!
- Helpful tools to achieve your goals:
- Goal planning worksheet for students, parents, support staff.
- Print Summit for the Planet pledge sheets with sample script – Use this for pledges you collect off line(in person)
- How to use the online pledge page
- Share the event on Facebook, in your newsletters, on your website – on all avenues of communication you have with your organization’s supporters
- Share your groups goals and message on our SummitforthePlanet Facebook page and @joinearnlean on Twitter
- Remind all walkers to participate on Saturday, April 23, 2016
- Check in with our the Mount Madonna School office to confirm all pledges have been submitted online or turned in with in two weeks after event.